Monday 9 February 2009

Shaun Wright-Phillips out, Vladimir Weiss in?

With SWP being banned is it time we got to see Vladimir Weiss (pictured) in the first team.

Having made an appearance on the bench in the victory against Wigan, I personally would like to see him get a chance in the starting line up and with SWP suspended when is there going to be a better time.

I have been watching Weiss for a while now and it has always been evident he has needed to build himself up and that is exactly what he has done, he could still do with building himself up a little bit more, but he has definitely grew both in weight and height since last season.

So with SWP out instead of putting someone like Vassell on the right I think Hughes should throw Weiss in the mix and go right winger for right winger, it is time for him to start making premier league appearances to aid his development further, as you will know if you have seen him play he is a class act and prem games can only make him better.

I know City fans are expecting Elano to come back in the team and although that's not a bad decision I would really like to see Weiss get a shot, he is a guy everyone has heard about, I think its time everyone got to see him. Its also a shame Etuhu is not fit yet as he is another player I want to see given his chance in a City shirt.

I have found a video on YouTube so have a look for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment