Tuesday 1 October 2013

Man City vs Bayern Munich - Wed 2nd Oct 19:45 pm


Time to take our minds of the league again and look forward to the challenge of the champions league, current holders Bayern Munich will surely be a tough test but also an exciting one.

 My day at work tomorrow will be a total write off, I will be watching the clock until its time to set off to the Etihad. I get really excited when it is time for a champions league game, but then again who wouldn't?

I know most people wouldn't have wanted to draw a team like Bayern in the group stages but I am glad we did, I love the privilege of being able to watch City play Europe's finest, plus if you want to win these competitions you have to play the best teams at some point.

We had a good start to the group stages by winning away from home and if we can bag three points in our first home game against Bayern then I think we would already be well on our way to getting out of the group.

Bayern are a class team and are clearly tough opponents but so are we, I don't think we should be nervous about playing them, I have a lot of belief in the ability of our team and on our day I think we can beat anyone.

Man City Team News:
Sergio Aguero and David Silva both return to the squad after recovering from injury, Demichelis (knee) is still unavailable for selection.

Bayern Munich Team News:
Thiago Alancantra (ankle), Javi Martinez (groin) and Holger Badstuber (knee) are all missing for the visitors, Mario Gotze is expected to return to the squad after recovering from an ankle injury.

Possible Man City Line Up:  Hart, Zabaleta, Nastasic, Kompany, Clichy, Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri, Navas, Aguero, Dzeko.

Possible Bayern Munich Line Up: Neuer, Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Alaba, Lahm, Kroos, Robben, Ribery, Muller, Mandzukic.

My prediction: Man City 2 - 0 Bayern Munich.

Worth A Bet: Sergio Aguero scores the first goal in a 2 - 0 Man City win @ 85/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment