Tuesday 12 March 2013

No.7 Australia and Danny Tiatto


At number seven in my top ten viewers is Australia and the player I have chosen for them is Danny Tiatto.

Danny Tiatto is a player I remember well and to be honest I used to love him when I was a kid.

Danny spent six years at City and I for one enjoyed all six of them. Tiatto always kept me on edge because you just did not know what he was going to do, would he go on a breath taking run that would amaze you or was he going to karate kick someone in mid air which would equally amaze you.

To be honest Danny is normally remembered for his wreckless approach that he had at times, but he was a very capable footballer. I used to really enjoy watching Danny in full flow, his pace and skill excited me as a lad, as did his tough tackling no nonsense style of play.

I don't think City fans will easily forget Tiatto, I certainly know that I won't and can definitely see him being a player that will come up in years to come when I am boring my kids with the players I used to watch as a lad.

Danny still plays at the age of 37 for Melbourne Knights and no, since leaving City he has not changed his style of play or his attitude on the pitch one little bit.

I struggled to find videos of Danny playing for City, his great goal that never was is on the second video.

No comments:

Post a Comment