Tuesday 30 April 2013

No.3 Netherlands and Nigel de Jong



At number three in my top ten viewers is the Netherlands and the player I have chosen for them is my current favourite City player Nigel de Jong.

I have to start by saying that I absolutely idolise Nigel de Jong, I relish seeing him play every week.

Jongy started his career in his homeland with Ajax, making his first team debut in 2002 aged just 18. Nigel became an important player in the Ajax team over the four year period he was there, with his contract coming to an end he decided to move on to Hamburg in January 2006 in a cut price one million euro deal.

After some great displays for both club and country de Jong found his true calling in January 2009 when he signed for City. Mark Hughes was reported to have paid at least £10 million more for him than he would have had to if he waited until the summer, which I think was a great decision on his part considering how influential he is to our team.

With the likes of Tevez and Silva taking all the limelight I don't think de Jong gets anywhere near the type of credit he deserves, from anyone who is not a City fan of course, he is for me easily one of our best players.

The way Nigel plays is a joy to watch, his commitment every time he steps on the pitch is second to none. I love watching his hard line no nonsense style of play, every time I see him going for a tackle I get excited because I know he is going to try and take the ball off the opposition at all costs.

For me Nigel is the best in his position in the Prem at the moment and I hope he stays with City for many years, he would also be my choice for Captain.
Unfortunately most of the videos of de Jong were centered around him breaking peoples legs, this is the best I could find, saying that this video of his game against Chelsea was one of his best performances for City to date.

1 comment:

  1. De Jong is definitely in my top three as well! The man is a true hero

    ReplyDelete