Saturday 23 November 2013

Man City vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 24th Nov 2013, KO 13:30










Premier League football is back and the games come thick and fast from now on, thankfully our first game after the break is at home, because for me it is a must win.

It is rather worrying for me to be glad we are at home, of course I am always happy to make the trip to the Etihad with my dad and my brother, in fact I love it, but this week I am extra glad because it means we don't have to play away, which is a worrying attitude.

I don't like the fact that I feel relieved that we are playing at home and I shouldn't feel like that, don't get me wrong I truly believe we can beat any opposition out there on our day, but right now what we need is three points and as the team have proved, that is probably going to be more achievable at home.

We need to get three points tomorrow but I would say that Tottenham are probably thinking the same, Spurs are certainly a rival for the title and beating us tomorrow would give them a boost and leave us hanging by a thread.

Tottenham are a very capable team and have a strong squad but ultimately they don't match up to us in my opinion, we are stronger in every area of the pitch and there isn't a single player in their team that I would replace one of ours with.
I am not going to question their defence because I think that Aguero and Negredo are capable of running rings around any defence in the world.
In the midfield I think we have the edge, Fernandinho has really settled down now and I am pretty sure he will outshine Paulinho just as he did when he came up against Oscar and Ramires, then there is Nasri who will cause problems for Spurs by defending and attacking, he has been the epitome of hard work and class in recent weeks, throw a decent performance in from Yaya and there shouldn't be a problem.
When it comes to Spurs attacking us then apart from Townsend, I don't see anything to worry about. I rate Defoe and if he was to play then I would be concerned, it is also rumoured that Adebayor may play and as we know he can be dangerous, the striker that will probably play is Soldado and he is the one that I am least worried about facing. I don't think he should cause our defence many problems and in fact I would be disappointed if he did, in my opinion he is a totally overrated player and I was really surprised that the shrewd chairman at Spurs spent so much on him, ten million more than Negredo to be precise but lacks his power, movement and energy. (Cue the performance of his life)

I just hope the team prove me right in my assessment of the two teams because they need to, with Arsenal and Chelsea winning again we could be out of the title race by next week if we don't beat Spurs.

Man City Team News: Vincent Kompany (thigh), David Silva (calf) and Stevan Jovetic (calf) are said to be nearing full fitness but this game will probably be to soon for any of them, Matija Nastasic and Fernandinho are expected to return to the side after recovering from knocks, Guidetti scored a couple of goals for Sweden during the break and may finally make the squad.

Tottenham Hotspur Team News: Christian Eriksen (ankle) and Danny Rose (toe) both miss the trip to the Etihad, whilst Zeki Fryers (groin), Nacer Chadli (hamstring) and Hugo Lloris (concussion) are all available for selection for the visitors.

Possible Man City Line Up: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Nastasic, Clichy, Toure, Fernandinho, Milner, Nasri, Aguero, Negredo.

Possible Tottenham Hotspur Line Up: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Soldado.

My Prediction: Man City 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur.

Worth A Bet: Fernandinho scores the first goal in a 2 - 0 Man City win @ 115/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment