Friday 30 January 2009

Man City target men wanted?

Today there has been reports of a couple of clubs making moves for two of our strikers, there has been reports linking the brazilian striker Jo with a move to german bundesliga side Hoffenheim and recent speculation about Auxerre being interested in Felipe Caicedo (pictured) was confirmed when their manager revealed the move looks likely not go through.

Auxerre manager Jean Fernandez said, "We hoped to sign Ecuadorian Felipe Caicedo, but it's not been possible, As a result, I don't expect anybody here by tomorrow."

I have to say that if Jo were to go out on loan that would only benefit us, I think although when he has played for us this season he hasn't looked the part he is still worth persisting with as he is still only 21 years of age and when in Russia showed he is a natural goal scorer wether in a weaker league or not.

As for Felipe Caicedo this is a player I want to see at the club, I was a big backer of his when lots of City fans were saying to get rid, I have seen him play alot for his country and he has looked the part and then when he got in the team he didn't let me down and banged a couple of goals in.

Unfortunately he was dropped back out of the side shortly after and now Hughes has got another striker in I am not sure where Felipe stands, but it would be a shame if we were to let this young striker with lots of potential walk away from our club permanently.


My final thoughts on both of these strikers are that I would really not want to see them leave our club without getting a fair run of games on the bounce so we can see them settle into the team and show us what they can or can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment